Jeffrey Taraboulos is managing partner of Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos & Co., where he oversees the firm’s operations and focuses his practice on tax, accounting and management advisory services.
In 2004, Taraboulos co-founded De La Torre, Taraboulos & Company, which merged with Kabat Schertzer in 2008. Since that time, Taraboulos has helped clients develop business and family succession plans, implement complex tax strategies, and negotiate, structure and manage due diligence for multi-million dollar transactions.
Previously, Taraboulos worked in the audit practice of Deloitte & Touche’s Miami office, currently Deloitte, where he provided audit, forensic accounting and other advisory services to public and private companies engaged in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and fraud examinations. Before this, he was a controller with DIRECTV Latin America, where he developed policies and procedures to meet the operational and budgetary goals of the company while guiding accounting staff in the implementation of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
In addition to being a CPA licensed to practice in Florida and Georgia, Taraboulos earned designations as a Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Personal Financial Specialist (PFS). He is also a life, health and variable annuity limited representative and holds Series 6, 7 and 66 licenses with the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD).
Taraboulos has been an accounting professional since 1996.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Civic and Community Involvement
- Brazilian American Chamber of Commerce
- Archimedean Schools – Board Member and Treasurer
Honors and Accolades
- “Outstanding Discussion Leader” – Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- “Top CPA and Financial Professional” – South Florida Legal Guide
- Florida International University – Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Florida International University – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting