Jorge N. De La Torre is a partner with Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos & Co., where he focuses his practice on tax, assurance and management advisory services.
In 2004, De La Torre co-founded De La Torre, Taraboulos & Company, which merged with Kabat Schertzer in 2008. Since that time, De La Torre has represented numerous professional athletes, entertainers and large and mid-size family-owned businesses in the healthcare, real estate and wholesale/distribution industries. In addition, he has structured numerous multi-million dollar business transactions and successfully represented high-net-worth clients in matters involving the IRS and state agencies.
A frequent lecturer on topics relating to tax and assurance services, De La Torre previously worked in the audit practices of Deloitte & Touche, now Deloitte, and BDO Seidman’s Miami offices, where he provided extensive technical expertise to help publicly traded companies complete complicated accounting transactions, private placements and public offerings.
Certified to practice in Florida and Georgia, De La Torre has been an accounting professional since 1996.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
Civic and Community Involvement
- Florida International University School of Accounting – Advisory Committee Board of Directors
- Zoological Society of Florida – Past Member of the Board of Directors
- The Humane Society of Greater Miami – Past Member of the Board of Directors
Honors and Accolades
- “40 Under 40” Award Recipient – The CPA Technology Advisor (2009)
- “I am MDC” Honoree – Miami Dade College (2012)
- Florida International University – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting